Tuesday, November 09, 2004

let the blogging begin...

Did you know that the word "blog" is short for weblog? It's kind of like shortening hot chocolate to "ho-cho" or frozen yogurt to "fro-yo". It seems like we need to abbreviate everything we write and say these days. How hard is it to type the "w" and the "e"? I guess it just sounds more hip to say 'blog.

Since the only people that will really read this page are my grade six students I won't bore them with the details of my daily Meyonohk routine... instead I will talk about my passion for "smiling burgers" and Buckles (the p.f.d.)". Confused? Well in order to have enough money to go to university I have worked at both Red Robin (hence, the smiling burger comment) and as a lifeguard and swimming instructor (hence, the friendship with Buckles).

Serving is an awesome job. It's fast-paced, fun, and never the same twice. Plus, people love to eat so they tend to like having you around. Did you know that one time I had a tray with five milkshakes and I fell so hard that there was milkshake on the roof? That was embarassing. I was a complete mess.

Lifeguarding is a great job too because you get to have fun all day. You get to swim, listen to the radio, meet great people AND get payed for it. My favorite thing to do as a lifeguard is teach Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross. It's neat to know that you are helping people learn first-aid so that they can save lives.

Until next time... I'm Mr. Robertson.

No comments: